How to get all resources

May 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Hi all,
this is my first post here, I hope to be understandable, I know my english isn't so good.
I'm trying to use the RAPI2.dll in a VB2012 project to read/write from/to a win6.5 mobile device.
The device is a mobile phone Samsung Omnia2 (I8000).
If I connect the device to my pc (Windows 7 64 bit), I can navigate trough the device and I can see, togheter to the root unit, the "personal memory" and the "Storage memory" ones.
Using the Rapi2.dll I can, for example, copy from the device to the pc, but just from the root device, but I can't do nothing with the "personal memory" nor the "Storage memory".
Is there a way to use also those units?
Thanks in advance
Maurizio
Sep 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Maurizio,

I hope you have already found an answer to your problem as we are months away...but regardless I have a suggestion... I haven't worked with Mobile 6.5, but I work with Windows CE 5.0 constantly.

Personal Memory and Storage Memory are the non-volatile portions of memory. You are looking for the specific path to reach those?

I put in an SD card into my Windows CE 5.0 devices and a SD Memory "drive/device" shows up. To access it, \SD Memory\My Folder\My App.exe. However, you will need to ensure you have it quoted and ensure you're using the proper folder separator. Are we getting close? There's also a registry key for me that tells me the name of the SD Memory folder. I don't know that this isn't from my specific manufacturer so you may want to check, the location: "System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory"
let me know if this works for you. I hope even if you are past this issue that this may help someone else.

Thanks!
Jarvis
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Hi BallisticPain,
please excuse me if I'm answering to you so late.
I've done some tests with some Others components, and I had some good results.
Actually I've changed my phone and I've moved to an Android one, so now the project I was working on, isn't so helpfull to me :)
I have to find that old project, so I'll be able to post the solution.
Thanks anyway for your answer.